- 52" or 61" fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- 10 MPH (SPZ61) or 8.5 MPH (SPZ52) forward and 5 MPH in reverse ground speeds for more productivity.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. Built-in fuel gauge.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61") or ZT-3100 (52") hydro transaxles with all metal gears and spin-on oil filters.The ZT drive systems deliver smooth and solid power to the drive wheels. Large cooling fans keep temperatures low and extend component life.
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hour meter with built-in maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- Extra-large drive tires (22" on SPZ52; 24" on SPZ61) and front caster tires ( 13 x 6.5 - 6) ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers reliable blade start and stops. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other clutches do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Custom, bolstered suspension seat adds another level of comfort to the 52" & 61" Scag Patriot. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Foot operated brake with park lock feature allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off the steering levers. A simple lock lever can be engaged with the foot pedal depressed to keep the brake on.
- Ausco disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style design for maximum holding power.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Patriot a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- High-strength steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Cup holder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 5 " in 1/4" increments.
- Dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 2-year Commercial or 3-years or 500 hours (whichever comes first) Non-Commercial warranty.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Patriot like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, 2-bag fabric grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
Scag Patriot-52" Cutter Deck, 23hp Kohler Command Pro
- Model: SPZ52-23CV
- Description: 52" Cutter Deck, 23hp Kohler Command Pro air-cooled engine
- Length: 73 in.
- Width (chute down): 64.5 in.
- Width (chute in transport position): 53 in.
- Weight: 907 lb.